Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday 2/28/10 Kerry


Today we went to Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic. Having been there before, the streets and buildings were not new to me. What was new to me was the museo that claimed to have the remains of Christopher Columbus and Tres Ojos. The Museo was interesting but Tres Ojos was amazing!! There were three giant caves "ojos" filled with water. The second "eye" was beautiful and we took a boat to get into the cave. This was no ordinary boat, it was all operated by ropes that stretched to one end of the cave to the other. There were even bats!!! The water was bright blue because of minerals from the rock. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.









Tomorrow will be our first day with the boys. I know were are all looking forward to it. I am very excited to see what boys are there from last year. I am hoping to see some familiar faces tomorrow and some new ones to. I hope that all the boys are excelling and doing well. I cant wait to see their progress.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds incredible! How I would loved to have been with you on this journey! Please keep enjoying this experience and keep posting! Besos! - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the museo does sound incredible and that is news to me too. I am psyched for you all to be going to see the boys tomorrow. Im hoping for many familiar faces for you all-fingers crossed!

    Jamie

    PS: I changed my display name. I do not know why it was DRSLOrg-I think thats from my posts from last year since Im never on Blogger except to check up on you guys. :P

    ReplyDelete