Thursday, March 4, 2010

whoops.. long time no see


It's been a bit crazy around here (in a good way, of course) so we keep forgetting to take the time to contribute to this blog. However, we are all doing amazing and everyone is thoroughly enjoying our time with the kids (that doesn't quite express it, actually) whether it's playing board games in the morning, doing team building activities withe the kids, making shoes, learning capoeira, playing futbol on the court, or doing our lesson plans in the afternoons at Ninos.

Yesterday was a significant day for the group because it is the first time any of us got to experience La Mosque (the city dump), and it was intense. Thats all I can say about that...

We said goodbye to the children at Ninos today also, and a couple kids got the opportunity to express their gratitude to our team... it was an emotional experience

Thank you to everyone for supporting us and following our team's experience through this blog

And now today is a new day


TomE

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't even imagine what you experienced on the dump. My heart is with all of you.

    On a happier note, our Dominican friend Joseph posted some pics from this weekend! I saw my lovely DROP friends and even some familiar faces from AC! I saw Kerry's pal from last year, the one whose mom gave her flowers, how wonderful to reunite! I love you all and I can't wait to see you when you get back! Besos y Abrazos!!!

    ReplyDelete